Apply for this job
Register your details with us to discuss this position further
We’re proud to be partnering Ginger Juice exclusively with their recruitment. Ginger Juice is a multi-award winning social media agency specialising in delivering high-quality, consuming-facing social media for travel, tourism and hospitality clients. Ginger Juice’s trade brand ‘Travel Gossip’ is the leading provider of social media promotion for the travel trade in the UK delivering a range of B2B products including social media campaigns, webinars, roadshows and coverage within the industry-leading ‘Travel Gossip’ Facebook group.
What's in it for me?
up to £35K pro-rata plus uncapped commission
Tell me more...
Ginger Juice are looking for an experienced sales-focused individual to take the lead on B2B & B2C business development and account management; generating leads and increasing sales.
- You will be responsible for acquiring new business from new clients, dormant clients and existing clients through effective business development and client relationship management.
- Identify new areas for lead generation to foster new opportunities and revenue growth
- Effective and diligent management of the company’s CRM system
- Drive sales activity using the inhouse data that is the base of a ever-present, well-stocked pipeline that can be managed to maximise sales and gross margin
- Achieve and exceed personal sales targets
- Create in-depth market knowledge of key decision makers, budget holders, budget dates, upcoming RFPs within our sector etc.
- Account manage existing clients and provide proactive post-activity follow-up
- Sell a wide range of digital products to the travel trade, adapting behaviour accordingly to secure business
- Seek out opportunities to sell our B2C social media management services – in particular, to national and regional tourism organisation and hospitality businesses
- Attend travel networking events on behalf of the business
- Create and send professional, bespoke client proposals
- Use Outlook and/or Mailchimp to create email marketing campaigns to keep in touch with prospects and clients
- Support sales activity via effective social media activity on your personal and company profiles
- Sell and host face-to-face travel agent roadshows around the UK
- Arrange and deliver your own meetings via Zoom and in-person meetings around the UK
- Attend semi-regular face-to-face meetings with the MD in Liverpool
- Updating weekly KPI & weekly activity updates
- Extensive client-facing experience, with a background in sales, business development and account management
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of businesses and organisations in the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors including tourism boards, travel suppliers, tour operators, hospitality brands, PR & representation companies and trade bodies
- Ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation though the close
- Proactive with the ability to work on your own
- Technical, digital and social media know-how
- Strong IT applications experience e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Mailchimp, CRM (Hubspot)
- Attention to detail with exceptional written English
- Friendly, outgoing, professional manner with great presentation skills
- Savvy negotiator with ability to think outside the box to secure business
- Trade media sales and travel industry experience preferred but not essential
Whilst this position is advertised as part time it can also be fulfilled in a full time capacity. Our client is looking for the part time to be a minimum of 3 days per week.
Location wise this is a home based role, however you will be required to travel both domestically and internationally for trade events, client meets and to host roadshows. Ideally you will be based within the London area.
Please Note: Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Do I tick the boxes?
- Extensive experience working in sales, business development and account management
- Well connected within the travel industry, with ample experience dealing with a variety of travel businesses
- Digital and social media know-how
- Friendly and outgoing individual
Apply now or speak with our dedicated team member
01732 808313View Bio
Recommend a friend for this job
We offer an excellent referral scheme and if we successfully place your referred individual in this position we will send you vouchers for a shop of your choice, as a thank you *T&C’s apply*
Recommend a friend
Please contact us for our terms and conditions